• Show some of the more curious aspects of optics, by focusing on its effects in water.
Light only moves at 75% its vacuum speed in water, which causes a ray
to bend at the air/water interface, a phenomenon know as refraction.
• If the angle is steep, the ray will reflect off this interface instead.
• We use a low power laser beam and a circular tank filled with water to demonstrate refraction and reflection.
• As the bright beam bends, its angle can be read on the scale printed around the tank.
• The laser is permanently fixed to the tank and can be pointed at any angle.
• Should you wish, you can fill the tank with mineral oil or other liquids to vary the effect.
• Laser meets US safety standards and tank is fully water-tight.
Product Manual - CLICK HERE